Four-minute slideshow of my iphone pics with captions.
Youtube link:
Cardinal Dolan, please make something new someplace else. The high rise built on the former lawn of St. Thomas More Church is such an abomination it inspired the formation of the Carnegie Hill Neighbors and the Carnegie Hill Historic District. They've been a menace to society ever since, usually much-needed, sometimes politically misused.
The high rise has made Madison Avenue between 89th and 90th Streets the windiest corner in all of New York. One of the church volunteers was thrown to the ground by the wind. (in better shape than the rest of us, I might add, swims and runs everyday.) My baby stroller almost went over one day and I lost my best pair of socks that were rolled up and tucked away. Ralph Lauren socks went flying into the gutter! Thankfully my baby didn't end up there. That street cannot handle another tall building.
Not pictured is Bishop Ahearn, RIP. I requested photographs from the parents who took them of him and our daughters at his retirement reception. He was the brightest light that has come to our small parish before retirement.
No comments:
Post a Comment